Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

The College always appreciates hearing from our membership, so please do not hesitate to get in touch. Please see the Contact the College pages on the website for information.

How can I join the College membership?

How can I register for the BJA online?

What should I do if I am moving overseas? What will happen to my College subscription?

I am retiring. What are my subscription options?

How do I change my address or email registered with the College?

Do I get a discount on my College subscription if I work less than full time?

Do I get a National Union of Students (NUS) Card if I am a Trainee?

How can I obtain a receipt for my membership fee/subscription payment?

What happens to my subscription to the College if I go on maternity leave?

What do I do if I am starting training?

How do I let the College know of a change to my name?

How do I obtain a reference letter from the College confirming my membership?

What is the procedure for answering verification requests from agencies?